In my experience people with addictions experience a great deal of shame and isolation as a result of their symptoms and its effect on all their relationships at home or at work. Often they feel their lives have fallen apart with little hope for the future.
Within my work as a private psychiatrist, I have gained extensive experience in addiction treatment:
- Alcohol addiction
- Stimulants addiction - including class A substances and prescription medication
- Club drug addiction
- Gambling addiction
- Shopping addiction
- Sex addiction
- Addiction spectrum disorders including coexisting eating disorders
My Approach to Treating Addiction
Confidentiality is core to my treatment and assessment
An Individually tailored package of care drawing on my background in psychotherapy and addiction:
- 2.5 hour psychiatric, psychological and psychotherapy assessment
- Treatment of coexisting psychiatric problems
- I use my background in cognitive analytic therapy to offer a full psychotherapy assessment to get to the root cause of the addiction.
Addiction Treatment Options
I am fortunate to work closely with colleagues I have hand picked due to their experience in this area. Treatment options include:
- Treatment of comorbid psychiatric conditions such as; anxiety, depression, panic attacks, personality dysfunction, eating disorders such as binge eating and bulimia, other addictions, self harm.
- Individual therapy - This may include use of for example EMDR ( eye movement desensitisation therapy) to treat a history of trauma or other therapeutic modalities such as cognitive analytic therapy or Dialectical behavioural therapy
- Integration with local day care services
- 7 day inpatient medical detox
- 28 day full residential programme at Priory Hospital North London or Hayes Grove Priory